cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolour TG582n as a wireless client for a tv

plusquest

Technicolour TG582n as a wireless client for a tv

Hi
I am new to messing with modem setups, and have a question. I have the usual Plusnet Technicolour TG582n modem which supplies my wifi.  I also have a tv with an ethenet connector for added interactive services, and I wish to connect the tv to my internet services. I have an old TG582n from my previous useless talk talk phone service, and I was wondering if I could use it as a wireless client, connected via the ethernet ports to the tv, to allow me to connect to my wifi router?
I think similar questions have been asked before, but they are with a mix of kit, not just using two TG582n's. I do not know if this would cause clashes in setup.
Just wanted to know if I could use the old kit I have lying round instead of buying plugins
Many thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
jmccabe

Re: Technicolour TG582n as a wireless client for a tv

Am I right in thinking that what you're suggesting is configuring a TG582N to be a wireless client instead of an access point? I'd be surprised if you could do that, but I don't know enough about it to give a definitive answer. However, if it's not possible, it may be worth trying one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WR702N-Universal-Extender-Set-top/dp/B007PTCFFW. It can be configured in 5 different ways and one of those is basically to convert a wired device to a wireless one. It's pretty neat to be honest, especially at that sort of price.
Hope this helps
John
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Those TP-Link units are excellent, that's what I mainly use mine for (I have two).  Smiley
plusquest

Thanks for the replies. The TP-links look just the job. Just thought I might be able to set the spare modem up to do this sort of job.