cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor compatible unmanaged ethernet switch

nitrams69
Grafter

Technicolor compatible unmanaged ethernet switch

Hi everyone my first post and i'm due to be connected to fttc on Tuesday. I received my router today only to notice i wont have enough ethernet ports 
What switches are compatible with technicolor tg582n i would like something that's hopefully future proofed.Do i need to go for 100mb or
higher.
Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Technicolor compatible unmanaged ethernet switch

Any unmanaged ethernet switch will be compatible. If you will be doing large transfers between devices internally a gigabit switch may be worth the extra cost.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

This got some good reviews recently (nice power saving features too): http://www.amazon.co.uk/GS-105B-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Desktop-Switch/dp/B001HLT84K/ref=pd_sim_computers_...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nitrams69
Grafter

Thanks jelv and w23. I have ordered the zylex 5 port you linked. Roll on tuesday hoping for a painless install.  Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Make sure you have enough ethernet cables handy.
Installing an unmanaged switch is about as easy as it gets Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro

@nitrams69, did you get the V1 or V2?  How is it doing (seriously thinking of getting one myself)?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jtonline
Grafter

I bought a Newlink NLHUB-588A 8 Port Gigabit Switch.  I got some flat cat6 patch cables too which fit nicely into some thin trunking above the skirting board Smiley
http://cpc.farnell.com/newlink/nlhub-588a/switch-network-gigabit-8-port/dp/CS21214?Ntt=CS21214
nitrams69
Grafter

Got the version 1 and iv'e had no issues at all just plug in and go.Not sure what the v2 benefit would be.
w23
Pro

Quote from: nitrams69
Got the version 1 and iv'e had no issues at all just plug in and go.

Cheers for that.  Smiley  I actually think the V1 might be the better of the two, that's what I'd be looking for.
Call me 'w23'