cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n wifi crash

evilclive

Technicolor TG582n wifi crash

When I try and back up a large lump of data to a NAS box (wired connection to the router, source is a laptop on wifi), it reasonably reliably crashes the wifi on the TG582n.
If I connect using a wire, the router and modem are still happily working (I'm posting this via that at the moment), so it's just the wifi.
Is this a known problem?
Is there a way to reset the wifi but not the rest of it?
5 REPLIES 5
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Technicolor TG582n wifi crash

What are the symptoms of this 'crashing' wifi? Do you mean it completely locks up and won't provide a connection wirelessly?
Disabling and reenabling the wireless (either by holding down the button or via the GUI) might 'reset' the wifi but depending on the problem it may not work.
That's RPM to you!!
evilclive

The devices using the Wifi lose connection, and can't reconnect.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Can you try changing your wireless channel? - link Not sure it will make a difference but would like to rule it out.
evilclive

I could, but it smacks of a problem in the software - a memory leak or something, nothing to do with the channel. Or are you suggesting change channel after it's crashed?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Just try a different channel anyway to show it doesn't change the problem.
I would capture the wifi level packets that trigger the problem with wireshark on Linux capturing in monitor mode. You should be able to do the same thing with Microsoft Network Monitor on Windows, probably requiring a second computer to do the capturing.
Presuming it's a wireless n laptop, you might be able to change some of the wireless driver settings to workaround the problem. Or perhaps change some of the settings on the router via the telnet inferface: http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#tweaks - maybe changing frameaggregation, possibly even to "frameaggregation=off", or try frameburst=disabled.