cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n web interface

anthonyplace10

Technicolor TG582n web interface

just got fiber broadband  very happy with the performance 62 down 18 up.
the plus net supplied router is the problem, Technicolor TG582n
the problem is when first powered up you access the configuration pages by the ip address 192.168.1.254 and it works as expected.
but try later after 2 approx hours or more and the  configuration pages become inaccessible the only way in is to power off the router wait till it boots and it works as expected.
plusnet replaced the router just the same
I did a full reset no help this is on a wired network that worked fine for years with adsl router
Plusnet are sending a 3rd router
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Technicolor TG582n web interface

Hi anthonyplace10,
Sorry to hear about that problem. I find it quite unusual that routers in a row have had the same issue.
Please keep us posted as to how things go with the third.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
anthonyplace10

i now have more information about this
Speed is about 67 down 18 up ping 15ms on the wired network
It is open for around 30 mins then all access is blocked from the wired network
if i connect  by wireless directly to that router  i can connect and modify any settings as normal
I purchased a Technicolor TG589 vn v3 and it behaves in the same way its driving me nuts
the only settings changed by me are the wireless name and to WEP  to fit with the rest of my network (i am out in the sticks encryption is not important)
the network has been set up the same for years and worked fine till the Technicolor routers i have an old virgin cable router this is ok if used with the Openreach modem but it limits the speeds I get
Could some one maybe ask Technicolor about this
or any suggestions I have tried everything i can think of except changing firmware
I can acsess any other web interface on the network "printer computer anything with an ip adress as normal"
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Is the wired PC / ethernet adapter set to a static IP address?
If so, try setting it to "Automatically obtain a IP address".
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I had this with a new one of those. Do a factory reset on it. Press the reset button on the back while powering on. Hold for about 10 sec then release.
Reset up any things you changed - DO NOT DO A RESTORE of settings.
Mine would work for 30 min then refuse to respond to the web or telnet interfaces. The reset fixed it for the SHORT time I used it.
anthonyplace10

Did that made no differance did you change to a better router do you mind telling what you got ?