cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n random port blocking...

macmilm

Technicolor TG582n random port blocking...

Hi all,
Got the above mentioned router and been with Plusnet fibre about 3 months..
Had a speed issue a few days ago where my Speed had dropped from 74/17 to 15/0.2
Credit to plusnet they sorted it but since they did I now have loads of blocked ports... have raised another ticket but the ticketing system is sooooo slooooooooow.
Wondered if anyone on here had any tips..
Email mostly does not work as port 110 is blocked occasionally a reboot of router will get them working but only for a short time... they have been blocked all day today tho. (despite numerous reboots)
It also blocks other ports as some media streaming devices that use other ports on the internet have all stopped working e.t.c
Also the strange thing is that it is only block ports for wired devices.. wireless is fine.. If I take a wireless laptop that works fine and then turn off wireless and plug it in... ports are now blocked...
Strangely if I setup parental control in the router and block a website e.g. facebook.com ... it only blocks for wired devices and all wireless devices can connect to all sites in the block list lol
What is the point of that FFS

Any advice appreciated..
2 REPLIES 2
macmilm

Re: Technicolor TG582n random port blocking...

P.S Firewalls all disabled, no Antivirus on PC and never has been... Defender disabled and as I said above media and smart devices that do not even use windows also suffer blocked ports...(also linux)
Thanks
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Technicolor TG582n random port blocking...

What makes you think the router is blocking ports?
Have you tried a factory reset of the router? ie paper clip in the reset hole at the back, hold it in until the lights change around 8 seconds.
You will then need to enter your plusnet username and password in the router or wait for it to automatically do it's thing.