cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n configuration issues

mplusnetuser
Grafter

Technicolor TG582n configuration issues

Hi. I've just got a new Technicolor TG582n as an upgrade to a Thomson ST516.
The ST516 allowed access to its status and configuration pages by authorised URLs, which I bookmarked to allow one-click access to, for example, the Internet Connect/Disconnect button, and the DSL Connection speed page. They were in this format (for example) :-
http://admin:CP1234ABCDE@192.168.1.254/cgi/b/bb/?be=0&l0=1&l1=-1
But the TG582n doesn't seem to like those, and just bounces the page back to http://192.168.1.254/login.lp , where the Username and Password have to be manually entered. (http://admin:CP1234ABCDE@192.168.1.254/login.lp doesn't work either).
I can use the browser's password function to semi-automate filling in the name/password fields, but it's still a more cumbersome kludge than before.
Does anyone know if there's some hidden setting or trick which can re-allow authorised URLs? Or some other way to skin this cat?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Technicolor TG582n configuration issues

I'm not aware that you'd be able to do that at all on the TG582n, I would assume that's with a view to increased security.
I's stick with using your browsers auto-login feature.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I's stick with using your browsers auto-login feature.

I'm not too sure that you can do that either.
Can you?
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think by that Adam means leaving the username and password stored in your browser so it auto populates the relevant fields on the login page.
quelquod
Pro

Quote from: Matt
I think by that Adam means leaving the username and password stored in your browser so it auto populates the relevant fields on the login page.

Yes, I assumed that, but have you/he actually tried it?
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
ChrisL
Rising Star

I can't do it for the router login using Chrome  Sad
mplusnetuser
Grafter

Quote from: quelquod
Quote from: Matt

Yes, I assumed that, but have you/he actually tried it?

Quote from: ChrisL
I can't do it for the router login using Chrome  Sad

It doesn't work for me in Opera 12. Unlike some banking sites where the system ("Wand" in Opera) just won't populate itself, entering text in the fields on the router page does populate the Wand system (which is why I initially thought it would work). But when used again it responds as if given the wrong name and/or password. It doesn't work at all for me in Off-By-One or QTWeb or Opera 5 (and firing up non-lightweight browsers like IE/Firefox/Chrome defeats the purpose, so I didn't try).
But I've used PowerPro to simulate entering the name/password text manually, with a button click or hotkey, so I'm happy enough. Unlike the SpeedTouch ST516, the TG582n also has a 20 minute(?) timeout, so I now have to set the page to auto-refresh if I want to stay logged in (mostly I don't because, hey, I suppose all this security is for a reason ;).
Another drawback of upgrading is that without the SpeedTouch simmering away, I've now had to turn on the heating in that room ...
mplusnetuser
Grafter

More info on TG582n login security measures here, just for completeness :-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108959.msg932152.html#msg932152