Technicolor TG582n and GRE

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Technicolor TG582n and GRE

Hi
It's working now!
First off I tried MisterW's suggestion of checking "service system list", but GRE didn't appear in there at all.  I did try to enable it, but as you might expect it failed as it wasn't found.
I then upgraded the firmware, which reset passwords, IP Addresses etc..., which took me a while to set back to what I need.  Then checking the "service system list" again showed it to be disabled, so running MsterW's suggested command to enable it succeeded.
I'm now home and am able to connect to VPN.
Many thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

but GRE didn't appear in there at all.
Ah!, yes, I wondered whether it was only in later versions. I upgraded mine a while ago.
Anyway, glad you got it running and happy to be of help Smiley
Just for completeness Phil, did you have to forward port 1723 or did uPnP sort it out ?
I assume the GRE service works by checking which IP has port 1723 open and then routes all GRE traffic to that IP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I've got port 1723 forwarded, but I did that before I tried to connect, so uPNP may have already taken care of it if I hadn't!
Thanks
Phil