cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n FTTC frequently rebooting...

sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Technicolor TG582n FTTC frequently rebooting...

Hi all,
I'm having issues with my Technicolor TG582n FTTC rebooting quite often. The connection drops, then the router reboots and can then take 5 - 10 mins to come back up again.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
thanks
KC
6 REPLIES 6
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Technicolor TG582n FTTC frequently rebooting...

I sometimes see this issue when I cold boot a PC which has a wired connection to the TG582n. I'm on ADSL
I have several other more serious issues with this router but rather make a big fuss about it I've learnt to live with them.
Dan.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
by reboot do you mean it loses power or that you have to power it off and back on again before it will reconnect?
Either way, it would be worth a factory reset of the router to see if that cures it: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

with mine one of two things may happen.
1) Warm boot, Power LED stays on and other others go out, then recovers with no issues.
2) The internet LED goes red and stays red. Time out message can be seen in GUI for router login attempts. I used to pull the power cable out to resolve that issue, now I find if I pull out the ADSL link for 30 seconds its will recover. I will need to click on Connect to log
If I was buying a router this would not be my first or even my last choice as along with the never fixed DNS issues this router is a really poor device
Dan.
Firmware 10.2.2.B
sw4mpl0rd
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

by reboot do you mean it loses power or that you have to power it off and back on again before it will reconnect?

Hi Adam, I don't have to restart it, it does it on its own. Happened again 3 hrs 25 mins ago. It's very irritating!
Will try a factory reset later on and let you know how it goes. Ta
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Please do let us know if this continues to be a problem after a Factory Reset.
nils1992

Same happening to me with Technicolor TG582n already did a factory reset no changes. I'm still in the "training" period as I got my broadband a few days ago hope the router crash doesn't affect my speed. I could also try to set up my Airport extreme and take that thing out.
I'm sure it's not the line dropping because I can reach certain things in my network but not the Technicolor web interface.
My wireless is already supplied via my AirportExtreme.
Are there any logs to check on that?
Thanks