cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n - Can't uncheck the 'Allowed on WLAN'

helengrout

Technicolor TG582n - Can't uncheck the 'Allowed on WLAN'

We've a Technicolor TG582n router and we're trying to uncheck the 'Allowed on WLAN' box for some devices.  We know what we're trying to do, and why, and the principle seems straightforward but the box won't uncheck!  How can we make it?  Or is there another way of denying access to certain devices?
17 REPLIES 17
Bjn
Grafter

Re: Technicolor TG582n - Can't uncheck the 'Allowed on WLAN'

strange thing is I was trying to do this about an hour ago and found the same thing you could not uncheck the box. I could on my previous plusnet router which was replaced with a new one yesterday? (fibre router)
I think the software release on new router is different  8.C.M.0  to old router, but can't checked as posted old faulty router back yesterday,.
hypnoboy
Grafter

I have also just posted with reference to this, and found the same issue, no one at the call centre appears to know and asked me to post the question here.
Also, why my router is connecting on WLAN at 65mbps and not 130 as it was when the connection was set up.
Any help on these issues appreciated.
Thanks
Craig
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we've just tested this ourselves and we saw the same issue.
We're going to raise this with Technicolor, I've raised problem 75744 for tracking purposes.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pyrii
Grafter

Is there a way to do this via the CLI?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

That fault has been there in ever firmware version I've used, in three different Technicolor models Sad
This is how to do it with cli:
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#macaccess
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Sorry to bump up this thread but has the issue been resolved ?
I seem to be having the same problem.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries and I'm afraid not. I'll chase that up.
Adam

UPDATE: This still hasn't been resolved I'm afraid, I'll give the relevant people a nudge although this looks like an issue with our hardware supplier. In the meantime you should be able to resolve this by using a CLI command as per some of the previous replies to this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peter1000000

Using the CLI is s little inconvenient. When you get the solution appreciate if you can let me know.
mirageleppings

sorry to bump
but any more developments on this, still using the Technicolor TG582n router but STILL not able to check and uncheck Allowed on WLAN.
Any help or information on sorting this is greatly appreciated
regards 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: npr
This is how to do it with cli:
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#macaccess

To get what you think is a 'proper' fix (ability to change via the web interface) will require the development, testing, distribution, download of a new firmware which you might then have to flash your router with.  Though the CLI might seem a little daunting at first, it is a heck of a lot simpler than the route to a 'proper' fix.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

markos
Grafter

I've enabled the Telnet client, logged in successfully, etc. But when I've entered the command line with the MAC address it says, "Station not present". Does that mean I can only block devices that are currently connected?
markos
Grafter

Ignore that - sorry! I hadn't done the first step:-
wireless macacl add ssid_id=0 radio_id=0 hwaddr=00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx permission=allow

Crazy
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

No worries and I'm afraid not. I'll chase that up.
Adam

UPDATE: This still hasn't been resolved I'm afraid, I'll give the relevant people a nudge although this looks like an issue with our hardware supplier. In the meantime you should be able to resolve this by using a CLI command as per some of the previous replies to this thread.

Has this ever been resolved ?Huh
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Sorry an update was never posted on here!  Embarrassed
I've chased this up with our Products team and they've confirmed the following:
The Allowed on WLAN tick box is actually redundant and doesn't do anything, this is why it's unresponsive. The ability to dis-allow a device on the WLAN is done via a drop-down box that is only present when MAC address filtering is enabled. This is done by changing "Allow New Devices:" under the Wireless configuration menu to "New Devices Allowed (via Registration). The drop down box will then appear and you can select Yes or No for allowed.
Hope this helps!