cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor Router WiFi (Android) DIRE

ageinghippy
Dabbler

Technicolor Router WiFi (Android) DIRE

My BB seems fine on home network wired connections. But its crap on wifi.
I have three Samsung portable devices
Netbook with W7 pro, often says connected to router but no internet.  While my wired HTPC can access net no probs
S5 smartphone (android 4.2)and Samsung Nexus Tablet (andriod 5.1).  Both will say connected to plusnet but 80% of time (and getting worse, started at 30%) can not send or receive wifi data. Netgear wifi analyzer says poor to good signal strength (-55 to -50dBm) despite being about 10 feet away from technicolour router 😞  With both  showing as connected???
Had a billionaire router before upgrading (cough) to superfast BB and wifi was great, this is CRAP.
ANy ideas
Trevor
4 REPLIES 4
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Technicolor Router WiFi (Android) DIRE

This has been mentioned MANY MANY times over the years. PN says they are fine for "most users" so keep churning them out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: ageinghippy
Had a billionaire router before upgrading (cough) to superfast BB and wifi was great, this is [Censored].
ANy ideas

Was that a Billion 7800N ?,  if so why don't you use that and connect the WAN port to your fibre modem, configure it to use the WAN instead of ADSL, and enter your Plusnet username/password into the PPPoE settings.
ageinghippy
Dabbler

Update: Turns out not to be the router but a  TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster  I bought this to extend wifi range. But,instead when it is switched on my two android devices (samsung phone and tablet) do not connect to the internet.  THey can connect to my home network but can see the internet and report no connection. THey do not have any problem on wifi networks outside my home!
Switch off and all devices fine????
Don't understand but there it is
Trevor
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Did you pair it to the router?