Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor Gateway router needs daily restarts, but reports connection is OK

martyn27uk
Dabbler

Technicolor Gateway router needs daily restarts, but reports connection is OK

That's pretty much it.
Once or twice a day, pretty much at random, the broadband goes down. However, when it does the Broadband and Internet tell tale lights on the router stay green.
Log in to the router, ask it to "Check my broadband connection" and it reports all OK, all DNS stuff reported OK etc. all green ticks
ipconfig /dnsflush does nothing
Used to be able to check the router configuration but now only option is to use the Plusnet Wizard
Only solution is to restart the router, which restores service.
I've installed new filters on the line, the router is connected to the master BT socket ( as it always has been ), no new equipment has been added since Xmas ( Apple TV, has worked perfectly )
The router is connected to my main PC via an Ethernet cable, the rest of the house's devices pick up wifi from the router ( top floor ) or from a "internet through the mains" kit which connects the Apple TV service by Ethernet and relays wifi ( ground floor )
Should I ask Plusnet to replace the router?
1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Technicolor Gateway router needs daily restarts, but reports connection is OK

Which model is it and what's the firmware level?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.