cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor 582n - IE remembering Password

machare
Rising Star

Technicolor 582n - IE remembering Password

Internet Explorer 8 does not remember my userid and password for my 582n.  This is a nuisance as this device also times out an inactive session fairly quickly.
My IE 8 generally remembers passwords, but it does not recognize the 582n logon web page as somewhere where it should remember passwords.
Do Plusnet accept this as a problem? and will they persue this problem with Technicolor?
Mozilla Firefox remembers the password  without problem.
4 REPLIES 4
taras
Grafter

Re: Technicolor 582n - IE remembering Password

the 585 used cgi to produce the html pages, the 582n uses javascript (which has made things worse in many ways) but the authentication is different ..
Both the 585 and 582 are quite powerful budget to mid range routers which are getting bad rap mainly because of the interface woes .
Try finding a ipv6 adsl-modem for under £40 Smiley .
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: taras
the 585 used cgi to produce the html pages, the 582n uses javascript (which has made things worse in many ways)
What aspects and functions does the change affect, especially for the worse? I'm interested as both versions of Routerstats fail to work with the 582n (PN  spec).
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
taras
Grafter

err routerstats 6.8 does work with the 582n :).
Coming back to the login page, its a bit of weird one its using javascript to execute a md5 hash function for the password thats stored on the router. Its looking as if how the page is created its not compatible with how ie stores form data.
it does work fine with firefox
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Even so, I am going nuts trying to make it! Cry
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.