Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Team

Nighto
Dabbler

Tech Team

Hi team!
I hope you don't think I'm a pain but I was wondering if I could further trouble you.  I am not an expert on some of the technical terms etc so you will have to forgive me for my simplicity.
I raised an issue earlier in the week (see post 'New to PlusNet').  JoJo had the profile changed on my braodband connection.  Things improved almost immediately.  At first the speed was about 2.3 Mbps.  Then it dropped to about 1.5 Mbps.  On a few occasions since then the speed dropped to about 1.8 Mbps.  What I did was to switch off my router for a couple of seconds and swith it back on as recommended on the help guide.  This seemed to bring the speed up to about 1.8 Mbps.  However, when I tried to connect this morning (06.00) there was no connection at all.  Then it connected for about two minutes but went off again.  I was trying to do a speed test.  I switched off the router again and tried to connect.  There was no connection at all and it was still off when I left home at 06.45.
Am I doing something wrong or is there another technical explanation for the disconnection and speed drops?
I am emailing from work at the moment and will not be home until after 16.00 so I cannot do a line profile check for you from here (or can I)?
Anyway, please accept my apologies for buzzing you and have a really great day!!!
Kind regards
Nighto 
1 REPLY 1
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Tech Team

Duplicate post - thread locked in favour of original http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95860.msg808367.html#msg808367