Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target SNR Change Please

mlmclaren
Grafter

Target SNR Change Please

Hi
Can I have the target SNR on both upstream and downstream changed on the account linked to my account,
I have set the target SNR manually using Telnet with a Broadcom based router and it has shown that it works well and also adds a significant amount of bandwidth to the line.
If you have any troubles finding the account please message me for further information.
Best Regards.
44 REPLIES 44
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Target SNR Change Please

Hi,
What is the existing target and what do you want it reset to?
If the current target is above 6dB, do you have any idea of why it has been elevated and if the cause of that has been eliminated?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlmclaren
Grafter

Hi Townman
The target SNR is currently 6db and hasn't increased. I'm looking for it to be decreased to 3db as it seems to operate ok when forced at the modem but then returns after reboot.
AndyH
Grafter

@ Townman
He's on FTTC. I have no idea why he's posting in the ADSL forum and I have no idea why he keeps on creating threads.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can't have the target noise margin changed on fibre as I am sure you have been advised already as any changes can only be done by an engineer visiting the cab
This thread is locked

I have been advised that this is in relation to another account not the Fibre one
Hence this has been moved back to ADSL and unlocked
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To the OP
I suspect that confusion will arise as I assume that you are referring to an account which isn't linked to this forum login

Can you post a ticket number from that account so that staff can definitely identify it
mlmclaren
Grafter

Thanks for getting this "mishap" resolved promptly, as per my message hopefully next time I make a mistake I will at least get some time  to acknowledge my mistake before the post is locked  Undecided
I will create a ticket and update this post with it, though this account has been used to deal with the ADSL connection before I had another FTTC connection enabled.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

So is this forum persona is associated with your ADSL service account / username?
If that is correct, having FTTC details in this persona is going to confuse people...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlmclaren
Grafter

It is associated with both and I've been meaning to update the signatures to reflect for a while.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Ticket #101329824
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've requested the target SNR drops to 3db. Remember that if the DLM detects the line cannot support this then you might find the snr increases again. We can't request any lower than 6db for the upstream.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Cheers Chris, Is their anything further required form me... Reboot perhaps?
Chris
Legend

There shouldn't be. If in 5 minutes you haven't had a brief disconnection, then log in to the router, disconnect, turn it off and then back on and reconnect.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Hi Chris
I noticed the change on downstream, did you change the upstream to as that is still targeting at 6db ?
Also can the line speed on PLusnet systems be updated from 3.3 to 4.5mbps please.
Chris
Legend

did you change the upstream to as that is still targeting at 6db ?

No, unfortunately we can only request 6 or 9 on the upstream.
Also can the line speed on PLusnet systems be updated from 3.3 to 4.5mbps please.

Done.