cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Connection

Mallard17

Tablet Connection

I have bought an Android tablet which connects perfectly well using BT but I am now at home and trying to connect via Plusnet and it continually scans and doesn't  pickup my Plusnet wifi, (my laptop connects fine) The supplier says it must be a router problem but Plusnet tech support said they don't support the router.  As I am not remotely technical can anyone help please.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Tablet Connection

which router and how is the wifi security set up
Mallard17

Thank you for replying.  The problem has been solved.  When connecting it asked for the 'Password' which I assumed was  the Router Password, (which I entered on the BT line) but what they actually wanted was the Wireless Key, as soon as I entered that it worked. Simple when you know how. Smiley  It's just a shame that Plusnet Tech support didn't tell me that when I first rang instead of just telling me the don't support the router!!  I eventually got the answer 6 hours later  from the on-line support (as well as a suggestion from my brother)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mallard17,
Glad to hear you got it sorted, sorry about the initial answer you got there. I'm afraid we can't really offer support on routers that we don't supply but for such a general question we should have been able to answer.
Please do pop back here and drop a post in if there's anything else we can do for you.