cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link W8980 Router Assistance please...

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

TP-Link W8980 Router Assistance please...

I set up a TP-Link W8980 today on an ADSL2+ connection and I have what appears to be two WAN interfaces configured...see attached screen shot.
Not being familiar with TP-Link routers is this normal or should the 'Bridge' interface not be there?
The router is working fine....and is showing the 582n it's replaced how it should be done.
Any help appreciated.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7 REPLIES 7
Finguz
Grafter

Re: TP-Link Query

I'd say that was normal, but I'm not a TP-Link expert either I'm afraid.
laycock24776
Dabbler

Re: TP-Link W8980 Router Assistance please...

I have that router that looks normal the other wan interface is for when its used for fibre, hope that helps
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks guys Smiley
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

I was just wondering if the bridge interface is not required and could be deleted.
It says it's connected but connected to what as I don't have fibre and is it using resources which could best be used elsewhere in the router.
Or is it the internal bridge between the WAN and the LAN. Undecided
Edit: Just found this on Portforward site which seems to confirm that everything is fine. Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran

Does anyone have an idea how to get a decent set of stats out of this router.
The attached is the best I can find but no FEC, HEC or ES stuff.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It might be possible to do something clever with JavaScript, based on the source of the status.htm page
Quote from: source
var wanDslInfSta =$.act(ACT_GL, WAN_DSL_INTF_STATS_TOTAL, dslStk, null,
["ATUCCRCErrors", "CRCErrors", "ATUCFECErrors", "FECErrors",
"SeverelyErroredSecs", "X_TPLINK_US_SeverelyErroredSecs",
"erroredSecs", "X_TPLINK_US_ErroredSecs"]);

I don't have this router and the TP-Link online emulator doesn't have the DSL connected, but the basic idea is, while on the DSL status page, to open Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console and paste the code quoted above into the input line at the bottom of the console, but all on one line, and replacing dslStk with something that works, maybe "pppoa_0_38_0_d":
$.act(ACT_GL, WAN_DSL_INTF_STATS_TOTAL, "pppoa_0_38_0_d", null, ["ATUCCRCErrors", "CRCErrors", "ATUCFECErrors", "FECErrors", "SeverelyErroredSecs", "X_TPLINK_US_SeverelyErroredSecs", "erroredSecs", "X_TPLINK_US_ErroredSecs"]);

And then clicking on the object array returned - with the online emulator, it returns an empty array, either because the code I'm guessing doesn't work, or because the DSL interface isn't connected in the emulator.
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks ejs. Smiley
I'm sure that would be a good solution if I understood it thoroughly but sadly I don't. Sad
I'd probably end up bricking it  Embarrassed