cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG585 v8 - How to assign application to host via Telnet CLI?

GringoFrenzy

TG585 v8 - How to assign application to host via Telnet CLI?

Hi all, hopefully this is an easy one and I sure it's been asked many times before but I can't find any posts about it for some reason.
I've been trying to forward some ports to a server on my LAN using the standard Web GUI but it is utter tripe and I've finally lost patience with it. So slow and buggy!
I've already defined the application (name, protocol, port) but when I try to assign using the drop down list it forces the page to reload as soon as I select an option, so it's completely unusable.
Does anyone know the CLI command for assigning an application to a host via telnet?  I had a quick look through the CLI documentation, but there seem to be a lot of commands which sound like they do the same thing, and I don't really have time for trial and error at the moment.
Thanks in advance!
PS - if anyone knows a way to automatically delete hosts that haven't been active for over 6 months, I will love you forever.  I know I could just delete the entries under the [hostmgr.ini] section of the config file, but that requires manual intervention.  I'd rather it just worked automagically, like other routers do!  Otherwise the homepage takes longer and longer to load.
1 REPLY 1
GringoFrenzy

Re: TG585 v8 - How to assign application to host via Telnet CLI?

Ok, panic over - I found it in the CLI manual:
service host assign name="Name of App (including quotes)" host=<ip address of host> log=<disabled/enabled>