Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG585 v7 reboots

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: TG585 v7 reboots

Quote from: mal0z
The summer  time still keeps switching off in the "beta" test version of 7.4.4.7  Sad

Poo Sad
It makes it awkward when I'm reading the event logs as I have to remember that all the times are wrong by an hour.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thomson have promised it will be fixed "Real soon now".    Roll_eyes
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maccoylton
Grafter

HI I think I may also be suffering from this problem, however the only log events I can see through the web interface are those for the firewall.  I also tried telnet into the router and with "systemlog show" same thing. How do I turn on other log event types ?

Cheers
David
jheenan
Grafter

You can see it through the web interface, you just have to look very soon after the reboot.
There are other giveaways; generally the data amounts in the connections details will be reset for a kernel warm restart, but won't for a plane old ADSL disconnection.
maccoylton
Grafter

Thanks, jheenan yes my stats reset to zero so it does sound like the same issue, but I would still like to be able to see the actual log to confirm this.
Anyone any ideas on how to enable logging for other categories, as perviously mentioned I only seem to see firewall stuff at the moment.,
Bob, I'd also be happy to try out the new firmware

Cheers
Dave
jheenan
Grafter

The new firmware may not help you  Undecided
You could try disabling one or both of uPnP and the wifi.
(So far I have the new firmware and have disabled uPnp, and still get the resets - the wifi is the next to be disabled...)
SteveA
Pro

So we have a Wifi Router which reboots if we have the WifI turned on?
Wonderful!
jheenan
Grafter

So far that's just a theory/suggestion. If I prove it I'll let you guys know Smiley
JonH

Any progress on this? I have reboots on my Thomson TG585 v7 several times each day, usually at the most unfotunate moments, it seems. Did the newer firmware that Bob mentioned fix this? I would be happy to try the new firmware if it is still available.
Thanks.
-Jon
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: SteveA
Does the Beta fix the fact that Summer time keeps getting turned off on router if you tell it to use PlusNets time server, which of course means that as the PN time server thinks its 6:44 GMT all the times in the router are off by one hour
hey guys i think i may have found a fix for the time on this router as i too was not keeping with summer time however after setting the settings to manual and clicking summer time to on it has kept the setting,hope this may help you.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
SteveA
Pro

but that means your router loses the time each time it restarts!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Does it? hadnt noticed that,will have to check,heres the setting i have it on anyway and its saved even after a restart
Time Configuration

Time Source: Manual

Timezone: (UTC) GMT: Dublin, Edinburgh, London

Summer Time: Yes
ok it seems ive made a booby of my router time settings never mind a fix!! back to the drawing board Crazy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
maccoylton
Grafter

Anyone heard anymore on when a fix for this may be coming?
praethon
Grafter

This "kernel warm restart" problem has just started on my TG585v7 supplied by PN. Is there now a fix for this or is the problem still outstanding?
Stuart
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

No news on a new firmware version. The Beta Bob was testing is too buggy to release so it went back.