cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n with the old uptime issues requiring a reboot?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n with the old uptime issues requiring a reboot?

Used to be in the days of DIY adsl and cheap routers we had to reboot them once a fortnight, or they could crash/lockup if not.  My TG582n has a uptime and I believe connection time of the same of just short of 12 days and the known fault of the constant red internet light has struck.
Normally I would have rebooted it by now and or some BT work would have forced a lost sync before now, so wondering if anyone has noticed that.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: TG582n with the old uptime issues requiring a reboot?

No,no such problems since i've ran my own dns/cache. But yes my router locked up quite a bit before hand.
I've attatched a graph showing 48days uptime until i dropped the session on friday Wednesday due to a fault.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

When I used the tg582n, and the tg587 / tg585 before that, I always thought these technicolor routers benefited from a reboot every couple of weeks.
It may have been my imagination but once past two weeks I always felt there was some sluggishness and other odd issues creeping in.
May have been a result of my poor line and the high error counts which built up.
@11110_110
Wasn't caused by the router doing dns here, I've always rolled my own Wink
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Well it works for me which ever way, my router has now been up for 65 days with no slow-down apart from a little local fault. I'm still running 8CM0, the only change i've added is another forwarder, If i was to take that away or switch it off my router will start to play up, FACT.