cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n wireless connection issues

Squirrelking

TG582n wireless connection issues

I recieved my new router this morning and thought all was well until I tried to connect via my wifes smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus). Every time we try to connect it comes up with the following message:
LOGIN wireless station [mac address] can't get authorized.
I don't want to start messing about with Telnet just yet as I'm in the middle of trying to get my connection fixed (hence the replacement router) and there was another topic dealing with this that seems to have been solved at the phones end:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103745.0.html
(instructions for Android: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1115779-Android-Phone-Wont-Connect-to-Wifi?p=16427497)

It's now working but I'd like to know if this is a firmware fault at the phones end or the router. I've not yet tried the phone on another wireless network to find out if static IP will be an issue, if not then all good but if so it would be nice to get it fixed.
Just on a similar vein, would I see any advantage to upgrading to the IPv6 firmware once my connection issues are sorted?
Thanks, Dave
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: TG582n wireless connection issues

Hmm sounds for some reason like the router is set up for MAC address authentication and isn't liking your wife's phone for some reason.
I don't want to start messing about with Telnet just yet as I'm in the middle of trying to get my connection fixed (hence the replacement router) and there was another topic dealing with this that seems to have been solved at the phones end:

I'm not 100% sure so I'll ask our resident expert and get back to you.
Just on a similar vein, would I see any advantage to upgrading to the IPv6 firmware once my connection issues are sorted?

Not really, but I doubt there would be any harm, again I'll ask and let you know Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: TG582n wireless connection issues

Just as a follow-up I've been advised that

simply means that the phone was presenting the incorrect password.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team