cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n telnet commands to reset connection stats?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n telnet commands to reset connection stats?

Trying to figure out if my phone is the cause of my higher than normal error rates and do not want to have to reboot the router just to do it as DLM already sees a problem and don't want it changing my snr again, so are there any telnet commands to do it?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: TG582n telnet commands to reset connection stats?

Gus,
In what way do you think your "phone" might be generating errors?  Do you mean the phone itself or do you mean when you makes / receive calks?
If you dial 17070 option 2 do you hear noise on the line?  If you do, you might as well just get on and report a line fault.
Does npr's website have any commands to do what you want? See http://NPR.me.uk
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Gus
you could set up User defined graphs in Routerstats to monitor it which is much easier to see what is happening
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jim,
I did consider that as an option, but you can only look at one error counter at a time... It might though be enough!
It is a bit of a sledge hammer but it is very useful.

Gus,
If you take this option, configure the graph to plot changes since last sample - thus makes the error increment much more apparent.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you can do upload and download at the same time though and that can be very helpful
Gus
Aspiring Pro

I reported a fault on Sunday and the PN remote test with everything plugged in found a fault and then with nothing plugged in no fault.  So trying rule out filters/phone giving higher error rates that are affecting my speed and stability of my connection before BT comes as it might just be my phone at fault.
I did unplug my phone last night after having a connection for about 15 hours and the error rate didn't increase as much as it had for the previous 15 hours.  So to rule it out I will leave an online radio stream active without and then with my phone plugged in to compare the results.  So being able to reset the stats without a reboot would help.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Gus,
With the profile of the described problem, using RouterStats would also indicate if REIN is present.  So all round a really beneficial approach.
Kevin

Gus
Aspiring Pro

Not looking good for my phone
Uptime: 0 days, 0:42:11
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 298 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 58 / 4.570.434
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 7.639
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 9.614
That is way too many for 40 mins, now trying without, but looks like Argos is getting a visit tomorrow
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

You could try a double filter on the phone.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Just had a loss of sync with no phone connected to test socket, so either its a intermittent fault or someone at PN did another remote test
edit: and again just now, time to phone and see if anyone is running tests
editmk2: BT booked as my connection is quickly dying, in last hour its lost sync about 8 times
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Is there any BT work going on in Inverness today? My Phone line just went dead for 5 mins, if not maybe another symptom of my connection problems.
Nothing on your or Zens status page about it
edit: just checked to see if a phone line migration had been sneaked in my another provider and no closed tickets for the last 30 days