cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n router - WPS Printer Setup Problem

MSS

TG582n router - WPS Printer Setup Problem

Hello all,
I'm new to Plusnet and have been sent a new TG582n router, but am having problems getting it to connect to my wireless printer via WPS.
I have an HP All-In-One wireless printer which I had paired (via WPS) with my previous Sky router.  My (more techie) friend had no problems setting it up with that router and after selcting the WPS setup with this router, selecting the network SSID on the printer and entering the WPA key, all seemed well.  We even have a Wireless Configuration printout form the printer that confirms a successfull connection to the new wireless network and have been allocated an IP address (192.168.0.5), however, the router doesn't appear to see the printer!
Logging into the router, the PC is listed under the wired connections, but there are no devices listed on the Wireless connection and of course the PC cannot see the printer either.
We have run a "net view" from the PC and there is no printer listed. Pinging the 192.168.0.5 IP address from the PC is also unsuccessful.
Sorry for the long first post, but any help/ideas are most welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Malcolm
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: TG582n router - WPS Printer Setup Problem

Welcome to the forum Malcolm and it's by no means a long post. You should see some Smiley
As far as I know the 582 uses the IP range 192.168.1.xxx by default unless you have reconfigured it so a device with an IP of 192.168.0.5 would not be found on the network.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MSS

Thanks for the quick reply Strat.
Yes you're right and we did notice that the PC's IP was in a different range (192.168.1.xxx as you say), but thought perhaps the wireless IPs were allocated from a different range.
It sounds like the printer is maybe using a hard-coded address, I'll see if that's something we can check...
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: MSS
It sounds like the printer is maybe using a hard-coded address, I'll see if that's something we can check...

Almost certainly.  Look on the printer under Settings - Network (or some such).  Then change the 0 to a 1.