Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n occasional internet LED red, getting more frequent

trippy
Dabbler

TG582n occasional internet LED red, getting more frequent

Hi  all
My TG582n router is running 10.2.2.B software and this week the internet light on the router has gone solid red three times. When this happens there is no internet connection and i am unable to log in to the router from any computer (wired & wireless). The only way i can resolve this is to power down the router and power it up again. The router is on 24/7 normally and its happened three times this week and a couple of times in previous weeks.
After rebooting the router wipes the event logs, so i can't see any info about the reasons for it failing. One thing i have noticed recently is a number of  Firewall errors like this "FIREWALL icmp check (1 of 1): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 220.86.47.194 Dst ip: 91.125.2.9 Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Host Unreacheable" could this be anythign ot do with it.
Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: TG582n occasional internet LED red, getting more frequent

Those "Firewall icmp check" messages are not unusual, most users will see several of them a few times a day. They shouldn't be causing the router problem.
That problem seems to me to be indicative of a faulty router. I suggest trying a factory reset and letting the router set itself up again. If the problem still occurs I'd see what Plusnet suggest. Is the router still under warranty?
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I'd suggest running through our faults wizard and we'll check over your, if we detect that it is your router we can arrange to get you a replacement sent out.
trippy
Dabbler

Thanks have reset and re-setup the router, so will now run the troubleshooter. thanks for your help.