cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n + multiple static IP

DerekC

TG582n + multiple static IP

I got my FTTC today, yippeeee!
Then I looked for documentation on how to config my additional static IP address (I have a block of 4, and I understand 2 of these are usable)
There is no documentation on this topic, not on the plus.net site nor can I find anything on the net...
Plus.net support refuse to help - "We supply the additional IPs, but we do not support how you use them..." Angry
Could anyone please help with:
- can the TG582n actually handle multiple static IPs?
- if so, any pointers would be appreciated
- if not, what equipment would I need to buy to start using this additional IP...?
Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: TG582n + multiple static IP

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
I've got a copy of an application note on configuring Technicolor gateways for multiple public IP's which may be of use to you.
Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

You can download a multiple ip application note here: http://www.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=5883
Also this may be of interest: http://wiki.aa.org.uk/Router_-_TG582N_-_IP_Related_Settings
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Thanks ejs, that's the one I've got. I just couldn't find where I got it from, it's so long ago.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DerekC

Thank you both for replying.
I had stumbled on the PDF but figured "this can't be the way...surely?!"
I will have another read of the docs and give it a go...