Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n dropped bins

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

TG582n dropped bins

Is there any way to force this router to repopulate bins after they have been dropped other than a resync
Situation
My noise margin starts off at 6dB then reduces to about 4.5dB over night and the dropped bins are dropped permanently.
This isn't itself a problem but then if the connection goes bad again overnight and more bins are dropped then the noise margin drops to under 2dB and doesn't recover to more than 2.2dB and the corrected errors are rather high
These pictures show the current bit loading and the bins which have been dropped in the higher frequencies
2 REPLIES 2
jack21
Grafter

Re: TG582n dropped bins

@OldJim
I recognise that scenario well; having tried many, many modem/routers over the past 6 years  I've found that many (even most) that give access to the bitloading do exhibit that same phenomena but maybe over shorter/longer periods. The only 2 definite exceptions I've found are the 2700HGV and my latest acquisition, a Billion 8800NL. But I've also noticed that a Netgear DG834GT seems properly cautious about permanently excluding tones.
I don't know of any way to re-include any such 'disabled' tones........sorry.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: TG582n dropped bins

There's nothing in the cli command to do what you ask, so it looks like a resync is your only option.  Undecided