cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n broadband light red PPP link down problem... HELP?

matthewwalton

TG582n broadband light red PPP link down problem... HELP?

I have an intermittent fault with my broadband. When this appears, the internet light on the Technicolor TG582n router goes red. All other lights remain green. The router log records that the PPP link has gone down. It will not reconnect from within the router settings by clicking on the connect button.  During the time of the error, the DSL connection remains in sync. The only thing that makes it start working again is to turn the power off and on, on the router box. After doing this it works normally again. (I don't remember having this issue with our previous broadband provider)
I have raised this as a fault with plusnet and I have no tried the following things to resolve this:
- new plusnet router (same problem occured)
- line testing by plusnet when the error occured (could see errors) & when normal (no problem)
- BT engineer visit (line checked out OK. New faceplate fitten in house whilst here)
- consider updating router firmware (but it already has the latest firmware)
So we know it is some sort of issue with the PPP link (I'm at the limit of my knowledge now!). Nothing tried so far has fixed it, but I still have an issue that is a little frustrating as the broadband stops working intermittently (between daily & every 4 days). Should I just put up with this, or is there something else I can try.
Would be grateful of any help.
Matthew
3 REPLIES 3
Twills
Grafter

Re: TG582n broadband light red PPP link down problem... HELP?

Hi matthewwalton welcome to the Plusnet forum.
I have reviewed your open fault ticket and so far have been unable to prove where the issue lies. There are a few avenues that this could take.
1. Genuine authorisation fault which at this stage I am unable to prove
2. 2 faulty routers?Huh
3. Something connected to the router is causing a trip losing auth PPP but not sync.
If you could ensure for a 48 hour period that your router is connected to the master socket of your property, no ethernet connections to it and ideally just 1 wireless device (so you can at least still use the service). If your internet light goes red again, don't reset it - contact us on 08004320200 from your plusnet landline or 0345 140 0200 from your mobile that is registered on your Plusnet account (classed as a landline if you have inclusive minutes it uses them) and select the option for existing faults. You will get routed through to the faults team who can test your line at that time to see what is working and what isn't. Then we can take the best course of action depending on results.
I will update your fault ticket which can be seen here <a href="https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=84273823"><u>Ticket ID : 84273823</u></a> any responses for me or the faults team please update the fault ticket or call.
Hope we can sort it for you.
matthewwalton

Thank you. I will do that. Last night I have switched to a third router (bt hh3) to rule out router malfunction.
Matthew
Twills
Grafter

No worries, that helps me Smiley Let me know when everything has been done and get back to me via the ticket (not always on the forum