cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n and homeplug connection issue

chaucer23

TG582n and homeplug connection issue

Hi there,
I am having a problem when I connect a homeplug to my TG582n router. When I plug the homeplug into the router, the router is unable to broadcast wirelessly or over ethernet. The wireless SSID is still there and I can connect to it but am unable to get a webpage up. I have tried several different homeplugs of differing makes but all create the same issue. I am assuming there is a setting on the router I need to disable or enable in order for them to work.
Any ideas or feedback would be gratefully appreciated, thanks. Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: TG582n and homeplug connection issue

Hi Chaucer23,
Welcome to the forums.  Can you please explain a little clearer what you mean by "the router is unable to broadcast"?
There are many users using home plugs and the TG582n without issue, I'm using Devolo without issue.  Which are yours?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

anniesboy
Rising Star

As far as I know there is no setting needed on the router, as mine runs homepugs (Devolo) and wifi is no problem.
I trust others may be able to help.
chaucer23

Hi,
Thanks for the responses. When the homeplug is attached via an ethernet cable, no one is able to access the internet. The cabled PC and wireless devices no longer work. I have tried a Devolo dlan 500 and a TP-Link AV500 and both cause the same issue. It as if the homeplug overrides the router and prevents internet use.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Does this happen in all LAN ports?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Do you have a sky box connected to the router and/or phone line?
If so try disconnecting that.
I seem to remember a similar issue caused by a sky box, sorry can't remember the full details now.  Undecided
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Which Make / Model are you using currently.
I've used Solwise kit for about 6 years on a variety of Routers and a number of locations.  Last 4 years on a TG582 with no problems.  Generally no set up needed, just Plug'n'Play..
The only (temporary) issue I had was when using one of the WiFi Solwise adapters at the far end of the extension.  This unit could act as an Access Point and had DHCP capabilities - This feature needed disabling via the Management utility.
Should be solvable 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A couple of later thoughts.

• When you connect via the Homeplug  are there any *New* devices being connected?  If so, what are they

• Does the problem only occur if both Homeplugs are active?

My guess is that some device acting as a DHCP is being added so causing the confusion.
To check.
With a working Network
Open the Router interface in a new Browser Window.  (192.168.1.254)
Navigate to Home Network / Devices
Now check the device list and the assigned IP Address per device.  They will normally be in the range 192.168.1.xx with the Router at the top as 192.168.1.254
Do you recognise each of the devices listed?

Leave the Browser window Open and connect the Homeplugs and see if anything has changed.
These checks will at least narrow the search.
Maurice