Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 adapter

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 adapter

Anyone any experience of this pairing? I can connect and things run well but things very quickly grind to a halt. I have updated the drivers and reset tc/ip in case it was getting upset with all the network problems and changes I have had. It did seem to work fine until PN applied a f/w update to the router this afternoon.
Any suggestion welcome before I throw PC and router out of window. I've had enough of this computing malarky today  Cry
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: TG582n and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0 adapter

Jon,
As per the other thread, try putting the TG582n into fixed channel mode if it is on auto.
Given this works intermittently, if the TG is in auto channel mode (default) I would suspect issues with following channel changes and / or the possibility that the PC wifi card does nit like channels 12/13 if that is where the TG swapped to.
Needs input from someone who knows much more than I do about how channel hopping works - possibly ejs - does the SSID station tell the world where it is going to switch to or are clients left to sort themselves out?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Hi Keviv,
currently manually assigned channel 1 which wifi scanner suggests is ok.
Jon
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

I've recently fitted a Intel wireless ac 7260 + bluetooth adapter to my win8.1 laptop.
It proved to be the worst wifi adapter I've ever used, it would periodically drop the wireless connection and even on occasions crash the laptop. I found the latest Intel driver to give the worst result, the best (although not great) was the driver automatically found by windows (driver version 16.5.3.6)
I never did get the bluetooth to work.
Now gone back to the 6200 agn adapter and everything is working much better, just not getting the ac wireless speeds ( >800mbps ) -- you need a ac wireless router to get these speeds not the TG582n.
You can replace the 7260 for around £15 or less, IMO this adapter is not worth bothering with.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

seems ok this morning since hard reset of router. Only using it temporarily until my ADSL connection is sorted and I can go back to wired.