cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n Firewall: rule for ssh access to LAN from single IP on WAN

luutjamie

TG582n Firewall: rule for ssh access to LAN from single IP on WAN

Appologies if I missed something in the documentation but can the TG582n router support the following.
Rather than use the "Game and Application Sharing" functionality to open a port to any IP on the WAN, can it be setup to allow access to a port from a range of in-bound IPs?
So this is what I tried already. I defined my own security level in the firewall based on the 'standard' level, then added a rule for ssh access to a server on the LAN from a single IP on the WAN - but here's the thing, it wasn't honoured. Is there something I'm missing?
P.S. I've seen documentation which suggests this is possible in "Expert mode". My understanding is that the TG582n supplied to Plusnet residential customers is that it doesn't have an expert mode. Is it really impossible to do this in "Basic mode"?
Best Regards,
James
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: TG582n Firewall: rule for ssh access to LAN from single IP on WAN

I'd suggest having a look at nat mapadd using the telnet cli interface. That would appear to let you define a port mapping for a single public IP at least.
You can download the CLI manual from here http://wiki.aaisp.net.uk/index.php/File:TG582n_CLI_Guide_v1.0_public.pdf

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mattturner
Grafter

Re: TG582n Firewall: rule for ssh access to LAN from single IP on WAN

Hi James,
Most of the commands you'll need are documented in my IPv6 tutorial here. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106578.0.html
You should be able to spot the applicable ones. Let us know how you get on.
Matt