Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n DSL Firmware

ianc1990
Grafter

TG582n DSL Firmware

Hi guys,
Is there any chance someone can provide the latest firmware for the TG582n?
I have seen a few posts here and there on the forum but I'm currently experiencing a few issues with my connection (already logged) and I don't have another router to test so I want to see if a firmware update helps at all - its the DSL version of the firmware I need (if its any different to the fibre firmware)
Can I also please have a link to the flashing software (as I don't think there's an option on the GUI?)
I'm currently on firmware version 8.4.4.J
On another note - has anyone tried DD-WRT on this router?  Its not officially supported so I don't want to brick it but it will be interesting if someone has given it a go!
Thanks
Ian
47 REPLIES 47
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: TG582n DSL Firmware

If you like we can push the new firmware out from here?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ianc1990
Grafter

Yes please Chris - thats great
Cheers
ianc1990
Grafter

Chris,
Is there also a chance you could send me the release notes on the new firmware?  It will be nice to nosey though it.
Im pretty certain my issues are wifi related now - I have just got a laptop home from work as my macbook doesn't have a LAN port and the PS3 is also dropping out (not sure why as its wired up to the router) but the laptop seems to be behaving much better than both other devices so I feel a little silly raising a fault now.
I wont ask the question there but probably create another post on some wifi advice!
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll give our products team a nudge and get this arranged.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That's been done for you, let me know how you get on.
ianc1990
Grafter

Spot on - Thanks Chris!
I see a few more options on there which is nice, I find that this router is actually quite good and functions wise, powerful but Technicolor seem to have omitted most configuration settings - if it was in the GUI, it would be on par with a draytek!
One more thing, I asked on another post whether my upload could be un-capped but I don't think its been spotted - is there any chance you can look into this for me or should I log a call for this?
Again - Thank you very much!
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Here's some generic release notes from Technicolor about the 10.2 firmware: http://www.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=7727
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ianc1990, that modify to uncap your upstream has been placed and should complete tomorrow morning for you Smiley
ianc1990
Grafter

Thanks Matt!
Managed to enable a 6in4 tunnel with the new firmware too so big smiles at the moment!

dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: ejs
Here's some generic release notes from Technicolor about the 10.2 firmware: http://www.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=7727

Well that perhaps explains the improved stability I've seen with the upgraded firmware:
Fixes and improvements
The ADSLx/POTS version includes fixes and improvements for following issues:
  • HLog / QLN / SATN Accuracy in ITU-T G.992.3/5 improved
  • External Noise Robustness improved.
  • Stability improved under micro-interruption events.
  • New modem option support to force fast mode solving.
  • jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
    ianc1990
    Grafter

Hmm,
    Can anyone think of any reason why the think broadband monitor is showing so many dropped packets in the early morning (I never use my connection at this time)?
    Here is my IPv4 graph with the same result...
    Luzern
    Hero
    Fixes: 9

Quote from: ejs

Interesting it would be, if, for the most part,  I had a Masters in Sinoserbocrat Estonian Grin
    Oh that in internet layman's terms, someone would explain the benefits of upgrading from 8.4.4.J for the relativley unsophisticated user.
    No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
    ejs
    Aspiring Hero
    Fixes: 25

A few wifi improvements:

• Better auto channel choice (better than just counting the number of other wifi networks per channel)

• Max 11n speed increased from 130Mbps to 144Mbps

• A couple of other improvements for a stronger / more reliable signal

The vast number of IPv6 related changes are not currently relevant to the casual user.
    Luzern
    Hero
    Fixes: 9

@ Matt Taylor
    If there are no likely problems, can you upgrade me too? Thanks.
    No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.