cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n CLI "hostmgr flush"

jmccabe

TG582n CLI "hostmgr flush"

Hi
Can anyone tell me what actually happens when you do a "hostmgr flush" from the CLI interface?
The reason I'm asking is that I've set up names in the device configuration webpage for all the devices that were shown as "Unknown-<macaddr>" etc but something odd happened with one of them (my NAS). I think I may have assigned the name of the NAS, let's say "assen-nas" to the wrong device so corrected that device. When I tried assigning "assen-nas" to the right device, it didn't seem to get registered properly.
Some time later I was playing around in the CLI and I used hostmgr update to assign "assen-nas" as the hostname for my NAS.
Now, in some places in the web i/f, e.g. in "Home > Home Network > Devices", "assen-nas" is listed fine but when I go to the access control page, "Home > Home Network > Access Control", it's listed as "Unknown-<macaddr>" in the "Device Access Scheduler" dropdown box.
I guess somewhere down the line something's got its knickers in a twist and I'd like to see if I can put it right without doing a factory reset and going right back to the start. I thought maybe "hostmgr flush" might get rid of a load of duff information that might, or might not get regenerated afterwards. I guess the other option is to delete the device from hostmgr then add it again but.... FWIW - the NAS uses a static IP address.
Many thanks for reading this and hopefully someone can help. It will be greatly appreciated.
John
2 REPLIES 2
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: TG582n CLI "hostmgr flush"

I'm guessing that after using "hostmgr flush" you may need to use "dhcp server lease flush", these two commands should clear all history of connected devices. May save doing a factory reset.
You will then need to re-start all devices for them to pickup a new lease.
Note: The devices may not obtain the same IP address as before and any port forward rules will need to be re-assigned.
Note2:
If you now need to move a device back to it's previous IP address, see this:
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#lanip
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: TG582n CLI "hostmgr flush"

Earlier today I went to http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/devs/ov/?be=0&l0=4&l1=0, clicked the devices I wanted to get rid of one by one and on each clicked configure and delete.
That would avoid the consequences of setting things up again if you clear the lot.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)