Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n 1. USB Mounting error: wrong formatting, and 2 Sync Speed

Tibbie
Grafter

TG582n 1. USB Mounting error: wrong formatting, and 2 Sync Speed

Hello
So I now have a TG582 with a USB socket on the side, I plug my Seagate free agent drive into it, and it is not recognised.
Within the TG582 Content Sharing menu, it reports Partition One, Mounting error: wrong formatting even though it is formatted NTFS, which according to the manual at
http://help.demon.net/files/2013/03/TG582n-User-Guide.pdf
it should be OK with, any thoughts ?Huh
I also now cannot see what I am syncing to the exchange at, under menu broadband connection, WAN connection there is no info, also router stats doesn't work for me either (only goes up to 50Mbps)
I have seen the sync info somewhere as I wrote it down (down 82.44, up 24.53), but that info has vanished. I am on day 1 of my 10 day training
3 REPLIES 3
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: TG582n 1. USB Mounting error: wrong formatting, and 2 Sync Speed

There are various slightly different versions of 582n hardware and firmware, the Plusnet 582n firmware does not include NTFS support. Either there isn't room in the firmware for NTFS support and/or licensing costs for the Paragon NTFS module. Yes I know there is free, opensource NTFS software available for Linux, but that's not what the Technicolor firmware uses.
On FTTC the sync speeds and other stats are not available, the 582n doesn't have them, they're in the openreach FTTC modem, which doesn't give the stats either unless you unlock it, or you could replace it with something of your own. I'm guessing the speeds you wrote down were something the openreach engineer showed you, and they seem higher than the 80/20 limits of FTTC.
shalom2010
Grafter

My USB flash drive worked in the 582n (fibre) when I formatted it as FAT32 (I found this utility to do that http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm - as this format was not offered in Windows 8!
This does limit you to the 4 Gb limit, but works.
Tibbie
Grafter

Hello again
Thanks for replies, I tried a usb stick formatted fat and was good, and so probably off to find a different box
Many thanks