Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582N questions

Mav
Fixes: 514

TG582N questions

The Technicolor TG582N arrived this morning - thanks Smiley
I've duly connected using new filters and, at present, have set TCP/IP4 to automatically obtain addresses and am connected to my main PC by Ethernet.
Initially after being able to setup the router with my PN login/password details I couldn't access any other pages - I would get timeout errors.
I found this thread which suggested the problem could be due to other programs being opened. I rebooted the PC and still couldn't even log in with Chrome, FF or IE.
I powered down the router for 10 seconds and all seems fine but pages seem slow to access. Normal internet access seems fine.
My next step is to set up each PC/laptop and device with explicit IP addresses. As my PC is currently the only machine connected with an IP of 192.168.1.64 can I assume that I should assign addresses in the range of 64 to 255? (Oops, I mean 253 as 254 is the gateway)

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: TG582N questions

Also got one this morning and had the same issue, I could initially login and set it up and couldn't after it.  What fixed it for me, I moved the cat5 cable to another port on the router, as the port it was in was flashing on the top of the router.
I have since moved it back to that port and can login/view other sections of the routers page now.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Mav

well, all seems fine here for now.
I have read stories that this router can be a bit flaky wireless-wise but we'll see how it goes.
What I have noticed is that the 582 is reporting line att down as 48.5 and have synced at 5655.
This morning the Netgear reported the att as 46 and had synced at 5900+.
But I assume the line is under the 10 day training anyway?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not that the training should make any difference, but different modem/routers do sometimes assess attenuation slightly differently. The bit of information missing is what SNRM's were each showing, just before you disconnected the Netgear and just after you synced with the 582n?
If you are going to do a lot of setting changes on the 582n, I'd suggest that you do them off-line or all in one go. Repeated reboots on line, especially during training will not be a good idea.
Edit: The inability to browse properly initially could have been due to the automated TR-069 setup trying to set your login information. The instructions do tell you to plug it in and leave it alone for 15 mins or so until all the lights are green.
Mav

Thanks Anotherone.
The changes I've been making haven't required a reboot so no issues there Smiley
The SNRM before disconnecting the Netgear was 6 and it's now reported as 5,9.
I actually left it for around 18 minutes before trying to login.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Looks as though your current target is 6dB then, can't come to any other conclusions about you sync speed other than the 582n may not be utilising all the same bits/tone to the same extent as the Netgear. If your noise margin is varying a bit, there may just happen to have been a bit more noise at the moment of sync.