Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582N Problems.

Deto

TG582N Problems.

First post here (woot woot!)
Now down to buisness  ;),
I have the Technicolor TG582N - but it seems to be incompatible with some of my devices having problems connecting, tried loads of different possibilities even take the secruity off and leaving my device open. (only briefly!)
Also the wireless range isn't so good for my needs; used in different positions, changed wireless signals - it seems as if I go upstairs (router placed downstairs) I get near to poor connection. I do understand the possibility to interference but where I live there isn't very many devices around, it seems this can be removed from one of the options - I have also tried different wireless devices, still the same problem. My next door neighbour with a Belkin router seems to have a far better wireless signal near to very good and even excellent - but for my router it has near to poor to even no connection.
I have had many sync losses also, and my sync speed is very low compared to my other ISP's being at 18 to 22 Mbps, but the Faults team are currently looking in to this - strangely enough on every other ISP's I have never had loss of Broadband service.
Now I am unsure if it could be a faulty router, but I have no other router to test.
Also to add  my Line Attenuation seems to change and vary quite a bit for some unknown reason while looking at it from 16 to 27. When the router re-syncs now and again, I have tried different microfilters and tried the test socket also.
My router stats;
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,064
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 67.33 / 1.26
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 10.7 / 0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.5 / 16.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 12.8
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: TG582N Problems.

Hi markwn,
Welcome to our community forums.
Something certainly isn't right looking at your stats, weather the cause is the router it's not clear.
I can see we've booked an engineer visit for you tomorrow(10th) which will hopefully establish the cause, if it is the router at fault we'll get a new one shipped out to you and you can see if there's any improvement with your wireless connection too.
Deto

Hello Chris,
My WP Profile is set to 15700 and BRAS Profile set to 13694, I know my line is capable of a lot more than this, I seem to be connected but the wireless issue still occurs. I can see my line is connected at 16144 but I am more than capable of achieving more due to having around 18 - 22 with many other ISP's. My connection did drop a couple of times prior to getting the higher sync speed, but the Line Attenuation did change from 16-27 db.
For now I am connected my line stats as follows;
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 16,144
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 1.06 / 3.57
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.6 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 13.3 / 27.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.1 / 6.0
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your stats are a lot better on this your latest post. Your attenuation shouldn't keep changing though as it is and hopefully tomorrow will get to the bottom of that.
I'm not to sure what else you can try on your router with the wireless at the minute, are the devices you're trying to connect with wireless N?
Deto

Yep, all of my devices support it. I'm not sure why it doesn't work.
I am starting to think my copper wire is corroding, hopefully the engineer can find this out.
I am approx 0.9 km from my exchange so my Line Attenuation is way off the mark. I need my IP Profile changed also its too low for my line, but then again the engineer will solve this I am guessing. I should easily be achieving higher sync speeds than what I am at the moment.
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let us know how you get on today.
Deto

Quote from: chrispurvey
Let us know how you get on today.

Engineer has just left and said he had changed the pairs, but the line still feels unstable and flaky and I'm pretty disappointed, if I am honest.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you seeing instability of the attenuation when the router is plugged in to the test socket inside the master socket?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're waiting for the engineer notes to come though, keep an eye on your connection too.
Deto

That's all cool. I am just now able to connect at a higher speed than 8 Mbps, 21 minutes & stable, webpages are loading fast all seems good!
jim:quote