cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582N FIrmware Request

ljwhitehouse

TG582N FIrmware Request

Hi everyone, currently on 8.4.4.J can someone please provide me with the firmware update or push out the latest one to me? :).
Also, is there anyway to setup the router to use opendns address's and stop requesting the plusnet dns address's? Most likely through telnet?
Kind regards.
8 REPLIES 8
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: TG582N FIrmware Request

Quote from: ljwhitehouse

Also, is there anyway to setup the router to use opendns address's and stop requesting the plusnet dns address's? Most likely through telnet?
Kind regards.

See http://npr.me.uk/changedns.html
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi ljwhitehouse,
Did you manage to upgrade?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There recently seemed to be a body of opinion that the current firmware was better in some respects for 21CN. So perhaps the real question to the OP is - are you having any problems with the current firmware and apart from wanting to change your DNS?
Are you on 20CN or 21CN?
If you are using Windows, the other option you have is to set DNS in Windows, but if you have several devices and children you want to stop getting to certain sites, then changing things in the modem/router is probably the best option.
Edit: You also have the "Parental Control" Option in the Toolbox if you want to block specific IP addresses.
ljwhitehouse

Flashed the latest firmware, made a few tweaks here and there and all my problems are sorted :). Thanks for the links and advice guys...
Now that I'm using opendns, i'm attempting to use dnsomatic to update a hostname I have which I used to use through the router (No-IP) redirectme.net for remotely accessing my computer.
Failing but still working at it!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Not honestly something I know a lot about, but Good Luck! Smiley
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

There's details of how to use dnsomatic with this router on the site in my above link.
ljwhitehouse

npr, i'd been following your guide... some of the command don't seem to play nice but I got it to work finally with the all.dnsomatic.com hostname :). Great work and excellent contribution to the web!
I started to play with the ip6in4 tunnel but I think the opendns name servers aren't compatible possibly?