Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582N Disable NAT

redleader
Dabbler

TG582N Disable NAT

Hi,
Despite no end of trying, and following various bit's of advice, including a branded PDF file supposedly showing how it's done, I still haven't managed to setup my TG852 so that I can make use of the router with my block of IP addresses, allowing me to assign public IP's directly to my devices.
Has anybody been able to get this to work ?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: TG582N Disable NAT

You could ask here:
http://forums.modem-help.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=20
IIRC there's a template there to do what you require with a TG585v6. Different router but the principle will be the same.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

You're right npr, the template will be very similar if not the same. The only problem is that I could never get the PlusNet TG582n to load a template. It uploads fine but then the setup wizard just ignores any user template files and only sees the built-in templates. I raised a thread about it some while ago ( http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107233.0.html ) and Phil ( Richardson ) was going to look into it, unfortunately he left before he could do so.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

redleader
Dabbler

It was a couple of months since I last looked at it, but I seem to recall commands in the documentation not working, almost as if the command set has been restricted.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've asked Matt Turner to take a look at this for you if he gets chance, with any luck he'll be able to offer some advice.
mattturner
Grafter

Using the "Setup your gateway" link in configuration should give you an advanced option to set up an IP address and subnet. This should be available on the router out of the box.
What are you seeing?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

So there's a built-in template for multiple static public IP's then Matt ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.