cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582N 3G failover

ingenium

TG582N 3G failover

Hello,
I'm trying out the TG582N, specifically because it has 3G failover.
I'm running it with a ZTE MF100 USB dongle and I can get it to connect manually, but not automatically (eg if I pull the ADSL, simulating a DSL failure).
The manual states the following:-
Technicolor Gateway will automatically enable your 3G backup connection when both of the following conditions are met:
* The main Internet connection has been unavailable for at least 60 seconds.
* The Technicolor Gateway received a request to access the Internet (for example, when browsing to an Internet web site).
The Technicolor Gateway will automatically disable the 3G connection in either of the following cases:
* The main Internet connection is available again. In this case the Technicolor Gateway switches back to the main Internet
connection.
* No Internet traffic has been detected during the last 10 seconds. For example, you finished surfing the Internet.
Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you,
Nick
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: TG582N 3G failover

Unfortunately we've not come across anyone reporting problems with that feature before and as far as I'm aware as long as the 3G dongle being used is functional it should just connect if the router is set to automatic and the other conditions you mentioned are met, have you tried a factory reset perhaps?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: TG582N 3G failover

@ingenium,
You might start with here http://wiki.aa.org.uk/index.php/TG582N there's a section on 3G and links to some other sites.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.