Did you mean: 

TAP3 Test - Not working

AndyH
Grafter

TAP3 Test - Not working

The TAP3 test, as below, is still not working for me:
Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi,
If anybody experiences any performance issues, would it be possible for you to perform a Tap3 test?
To run the TAP3 test you will need to change the Username and Password you are connecting to in the router. The details are as below:
USERNAME: speedtest@speedtest_domain
PASSWORD: testing
Once successfully logged in, you can then access the Speed Tester server by typing http://217.32.105.42 in your browser.
Once you have completed the speed test you will then need to change the details in your router back to your standard Plusnet Username and Password.
If you could post your results it would be appreciated.

I get "Waiting for 217.32.105.42" in the status bar of my browsers, and then a server is busy error message on the page (the waiting for www.abobe.com seems to have been fixed). I think this hasn't worked since BT upgraded the speed test page?
1 REPLY 1
Bright
Grafter

Re: TAP3 Test - Not working

I tried a TAP3 test this morning and couldn't connect to the test server either. In fact I seemed to have no connectivity at all.
I changed the username and password and brought up the PPPoE connection. CHAP authentication succeeded and PPP established, got IP address, Gateway and DNS addresses via DHCP, but absolutely no connectivity. No ping responses from Gateway IP or DNS. No connectivity to the speed test IP either.
I did try this a couple of weeks ago and could at least connect to the speed test host, although was unable to run a speed test successfully on that occasion. So now a step backwards!