I was downloading some MSDN ISOs a couple of days ago, and noticed I it took longer than excepcted. I only getting 1.5MBps, not the usual 1.8-ish. On invenstigation today, my router is reporting a downstream sync of only 15,228kbps. Usually it would be much higher (18Mbps-20Mbps, depending on what BT has been up to). I've rebooted my router and it connected at exactly the same rate. I've always had a really good connection - I can almost spit on the exchange from here. I often try to... Are there any clues in the information I've pulled off my router? If I'm reading it right, my downstream attenuation is 11.3dB with a noise margin of 6.6dB, but I'm not that hot on what all of it really means. My router is an R230A and I had to get all this off its CLI.
adslAtucPhysTable CurrOutputPwr 21.5 CurrAttainableRate 19836000 CurrSnrMgn 6.6 CurrAtn 11.3 CurrPowercutback 0 adslAtucChanTable InterleaveDelay 9 CurrTxRate 15228000 InterleaveDepth 64 adslAturPhysTable CurrSnrMgn 12.0 CurrAtn 16.9 CurrOutputPwr 12.3 CurrAttainableRate 1084000 CurrPowercutback 1.0 adslAturChanTable InterleaveDelay 5 CurrTxRate 1084000 InterleaveDepth 4 adslLineTable TxGainOffset 0 RxGainOffset 0 MarginThreshold 6.0 P.s.: I have not changed anything myself, and I did try disconnecting the extensions when I rebooted. My router is connected directly to the master socket which has a filter built in for the extensions.