Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed and IP Profile anomaly?

Mardler
Rising Star

Re: Sync speed and IP Profile anomaly?

PN profile now 17.4!

Speed 13 and falling.

Outages every few minutes - three more since last post.

Unacceptable!

Mardler
Rising Star

Speed was 15.38 before another dropout, reconnected at 18 sync.

Am trying to take screenshots and speed tests but can't keep up with the outages.

This is absolutely outrageous when everyone around me has rock solid connections at up to 21mbps!

Our connection is useless - where do I go now?!

Mardler
Rising Star

CRC errors are large.

Mardler
Rising Star

Last outage 42 minutes ago.

Disconnects all evening every 2 or 3 minutes then a longer connect.

Errors much higher than a few days ago (they were increasing then):-

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 15.873
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 5.081

Will post again noon tomorrow.

Mardler
Rising Star

Connection has been up for 9.5 hours overnight (now 08.35).

Sync 18.575, SNRM 4.1, CRC 16.719' HEC 8.592

Mardler
Rising Star

Connection still up at 11.41.

SNR 4.4.

Speed: Ookla 15.83.

Errors almost unchanged since last post.

I note that PN profile has dropped to 16.4 (from 21 then 17.4).

Mardler
Rising Star

FAO Tony.

It looks like DLM has adjusted my IP profile overnight, it is now showing as 16.39 via BTW performance test (which still shows d/l speed as c.7mbps!).

Yesterday's huge disconnects (I couldn't record and log them fast enough at one point) tell me that there is still a huge problem with our line.

I am puzzled by the change today. Profile has dropped from 17.4 to 16.4 (BTW 16.39) and SNR has gone from 3 - 3.3 to 4.3. As we have had disconnects at lower IPP & sync with SNR c.6 I am certain that yesterday's outages were caused by a line fault. It is notable that before the 7 hour mains outage (exchange not affected) the BB connection was rock solid with d/l 17.03, sync 19.387 and SNR c.3.

I remain convinced it's a line fault (very close, almost adjacent, neighbours on a different and slightly longer line from the exchange have NO disconnects at all and IPPs c.21 with SNR 3 to 9 (TalkTalk). (The neighbours line is the main one into the village, ours feeds a few houses via a line presumably hived off this. Imagine a Y: the "leg" is from the exchange, the top left arm is the main feed that goes on to the next village and from which our adjacent neighbours are fed, the top right arm is a short line to c.6 houses.)

Mardler
Rising Star

Oh, sync is 18.575.

And I just noticed that in the last few minutes SNR has dropped to 3.8 and CRC/HEC error rate has shot up from near stable.

Edit at 15.06: errors haven't increased for c.90 minutes.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Last night didn't look too good. I'd recommend moving you back to 6db to be honest.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Mardler
Rising Star

I'll see how we go over the next 24hrs, Tony.

The connection has been up for a tad under 17hrs now and has been rock solid, stats right now:-

DSL: sync 18.575, SNR 4.1, CRC 25.598, HEC 12.481. Errors have hardly changed for the last few hours having shot up earlier - does that help indicate a line fault?

Speed (Ookla): Up 0.94, Down 15.96, Ping 13ms (does this indicate non interleaved? If so, is there any benefit in interleaving to achieve better stability at a higher IPP using lower SNR and high PN line speed?)

A neighbour a few metres away (on the "main" line not our "spur") just confirmed that she had no problems at all on her connection yesterday. She's also with PN so you should be able to check her connection which would be very interesting; I think she's capped at 17mbps (her phone number is very similar to ours but slightly less if that helps).

I'm sticking to my guns and the opinion of the last but one BT/OR engineer. If our internal wiring is OK (tested) and others around us on the "main" line are totally unaffected AND get higher sync & d/l speeds then the fault is definitely the line external to us.

Oops! Shoulda said I'll be back tomorrow as arranged and ITM thanks.

Mardler
Rising Star

FAO, Tony.

I've been out since 18.00. My wife says the BB connection has been unusable all night. (I couldn't connect from away.)

I came to check the connection on the PC (23.50) and instantly there was an outage.

This is totally, utterly, unacceptable! It is nothing to do with settings: the line is unusable.

In <1 minute CRC errors are:- 4.007 rising by at least 1.000 every 3 seconds.

Please look at these disconnects again.

The line is totally useless. If we have had no problem until Dec 2015 and no neighbour, on a different feed, now has the slightest problem then by a simple process of elimination the problem can only be a bad line.

Btw, for part of the evening I was in a remote location not 4 miles away situated on its own miles from anywhere. The d/l speed was 40+mbps!!! (FTTC)

Tried to post and it's gone again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wake up, people: this is WRONG - sort it! 

Mardler
Rising Star

CRC errors are big and continually incrementing at c. 2.000 every 3 or 4 seconds.

Tried to post - disconnected!

I'm paying £18pm for what?!

Mardler
Rising Star

Setting SNR to 6 or 9 isn't an answer.

It will reduce d/l speed to near the formal complaint threshold. In August and September d/l speed as c.19 and the connection solid. In October 2015 the same.

It cannot be repeated enough: there is a serious line fault.

Mardler
Rising Star

D/l speed now fallen to 11mbps max.

Another dropout - happening every 2 minutes.

This is denial of service and contrary to the Sale Of Goods Act. 

Mardler
Rising Star

Another outage but on reconnect CRC errors are minimal (close to zero) instead of huge - why?!