Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problem

PODDYPEASE

Sync problem

Hello
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to fix sync errors
My ticket has been passed to BOT - DSL Logged Faults whoever they may be, but in the meantime I'm stuck on dialup?!
Ta
cp:red Please don't post titles in all CAPS. link:rules mod:end
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: SYNC PROBLEM

Hiya,
It really does depend on what the problem is.  There are a wide variety of issues that can cause a line to drop sync and I'm afraid I really couldn't say how long it would actually take to fix, but we'll do our best to get it fixed for you as quickly as we can.
PODDYPEASE

Re: Sync problem

Bump!
Still not resolved - help!  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi, have PN got back to you at all, have you been to the Member Centre to see if there has been a further update on the ticket? I must say it doesn't sound very good, what date did you originally raise the fault?
PODDYPEASE

It was raised on 23rd July and is still not resolved - I'm beginning to think I may as well just get a refund and go to someone else. All my neighbours were connected with other companies without any trouble at all?!  Angry Angry Angry
ID: 25739266
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I assume from the way your posts are worded that you have no sync at all? Has someone from PN contacted you and gone through all the standard checks as mentioned here.
Just another thought, is your dial-up modem plugged in via a filter and all other phones/skybox or whatever also plugged into filters.
If you've gone through all that, could you borrow a router from one of the neighbours to see if you get the same results (don't forget you'll need to put your own login details in and remember to remove them after!).
Hopefully Jameseh from PN will pick this up in the morning.
Regards.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi there,
I'm sorry it's taking so long to get your fault fixed. Having looked at your fault notes I can see that this has been (re)raised with BT Wholesale no less than 5 times! As you're aware, you've also had an engineer visit.
We'll keep on pushing this for you and rest assured it will get fixed. I'm sure we'll be able to refund you for the lost service once things are back up and running.
In the meantime I notice you mention that you're using dial-up - Is this the free dial-up number that we gave to you? I wouldn't want you to be paying any more than you need to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

PODDYPEASE

It appears I'm still no nearer getting my DSL connection up and running - what on earth is going on?!
Its now been 2 weeks since I should've been connected - any help would be appreciated!
sleary

Firstly I would like to apologise for the time it is taking to get these issues resolved for you.
As previously mentioned faults can get complex and take a while to resolve but after looking into your case the information we are getting from our supplier is that the fault was confirmed resolved with you which after your discussion with a faults analyst today was i see this was not the case. I am not happy with this response and therefore have escalated this for you and can see that another engineer has been arranged for tomorrow morning.
We will look at this again in the morning following the visit.