cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Speed same after Upgrade to Fibre

Demostrike
Dabbler

Sync Speed same after Upgrade to Fibre

I have just had an open reach engineer round who has installed their box. I'm using a Billion 7800N router now on the EWAN port and everything has connnected up fine.
The only problem is my download is seemingly capped at 8Mbps (which is the sync speed in my control panel on plusnet) now I know the line is capable of more than that because my upload speed is 18Mpbs. The control panel also states my line is tested at gettin ~56Mbps down...
Will this sort itself out or can the process be bumped along by resetting my sync speed/profile.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Sync Speed same after Upgrade to Fibre

a minor correction - the speed in your control panel is a mirror of the BT IP profile not sync speed and it hasn't changed when you went to fibre - this is a quick fix
Demostrike
Dabbler

Brilliant, I guess I need a plusnet staff member to do this for me then?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Demostrike,
I've just had a quick look at your account and it seems to have been a Delta Report update that's switched the speed profile back to ADSL speeds after the upgrade. We're uncertain what caused this but is shouldn't be any serious, maybe just a late Delta Report that was generated before the shift to Fibre?
I've now manually shifted this back to 78Mbps so if you power cycle your equipment you should see the new speed. I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case you have any further issues!
Demostrike
Dabbler

That seems to have done it, thanks a lot! Smiley
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem, glad this seems to have fixed the Issue!  Wink