cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to unlimited - when to cancel Pro?

ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Switching to unlimited - when to cancel Pro?

As in the title - I'm due to switch over to unlimited on Thursday - when will be the best time to cancel the Pro addon?
I was initially going to cancel it at the same time as ordering the upgrade but (unless I misunderstood what it was telling me) it appeared that the Pro cancellation would take effect immediately.
So, assuming that I haven't misunderstood, is it safe for me to cancel Pro late on the Wednesday Evening (so I'm not charged an extra month) or should I do it some time during the day?
Or have I got it completely wrong and it's safe for me to cancel it now & it won't go until the end of my billing month?
10 REPLIES 10
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Switching to unlimited - when to cancel Pro?

Hi ciderboy,
When you remove pro add-on it will remove straight away, so I'd wait until the night before ideally, if your bill has been processed with pro add-on still on then you would receive the difference on next months bill.
Chris
ciderboy
Rising Star

Thanks Chris - I'll set myself a reminder for Wednesday night then.
Devonian
Grafter

I may be totally blind, and sorry if this has been answered a million times, BUT.
Is the pro add on useless with Unlimited then?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Pro Add-on is not useless with Unlimited, but its effects are unlikely to be noticed unless the line is maxed out with a mix of interactive and non-interactive traffic. In this situation its effects might well be detrimental to the interactive traffic.
On that basis describing it as unnecessary is a fair statement.
This has been discussed in several threads including the Product Announcement thread.
Using the PUG product comparison tool comparing Plusnet Unlimited alongside Pro Add-on, Plusnet Extra alongside Pro Add-on and Plusnet Unlimited alongside Plusnet Extra might help to understand the reasoning.
David
Devonian
Grafter

Cheers mate, that was very helpful.
ciderboy
Rising Star

Ok - I'm a bit confused now.
I cancelled Pro last night based on the advice above and an email I'd received on 20th December confirming that my order (moving to unlimited) was in progress and due to complete today.
I've woken up today to an email informing me that interleaving has been turned off at my request (??) and I don't appear to have been moved over to unlimited.
Could one of the reps take a quick look at my account and confirm that a)I'm not going totally crazy and; b) I'll be switched over to unlimited soon.
Thanks  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Just had a quick look at your account and your billing date is tomorrow, I noticed that your scheduled to move to over Essentials and not Unlimited? Is this what you thought? I'll amend if needed.
In regards to the interleaving being turned off, we've a problem raised(73010) where an account change may cause a modify order like this. If you need it turning back on it's something that can be easily done.
Chris
ciderboy
Rising Star

Chris - not sure what's going on.  It should be unlimited (contract) - essentials would probably only last me a week!
Could you change it for me please Smiley
I'll leave the interleaving for now to see if it makes any difference.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's changed for you, it looks like an initial order was placed to move to Essentials, then 2 minutes later it was changed to Unlimited but it didn't overwrite the change.
Anyway Unlimited for you tomorrow and let me know how your line is without interleaving.
ciderboy
Rising Star

Chris,
The changeover to unlimited went ahead as planned  Smiley and the interleaving switch off doesn't seem to have caused any adverse problems - in fact, the connection seems faster than it's been for a long time.  Smiley
Thanks for all of your help with this.