Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Plusnet [New connection] [Fibre] [FTTC]

Taaketa
Grafter

Switching to Plusnet [New connection] [Fibre] [FTTC]

Afternoon all,
I'm switching to plusnet from BT infinity and receive a text message stating that today is my connection day. BT dropped the service yesterday which I assume was them releasing the line, but so far today I have had no connection. The text message mentioned 20th Midnight (am) which I take as midnight past and not midnight coming since 1 second past is then the 21st. I wouldn't nomarlly be worried but because of the recent maintenance and subsequent outages I'm concerned I'm looking at a whole weekend without broadband.
I would ring plusnet to see what's going on but they are currently undergoing maintenance due to BT Wholesale and cannot do order chasing for me - at least according to their recorded message. Any helpful information would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Switching to Plusnet [New connection] [Fibre] [FTTC]

It would be midnight on the 20th ie tonight, have you rebooted the modem/router ?  what are the status of the lights on the modem, if you have no connection by tomorrow you will have to ring them  Sad
Taaketa
Grafter

Just literally after phoning them there. They checked my order and I was able to input my username and password into the router (using old BT infinity router) and it's now up and running.
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool