cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Plusnet Broadband

ScreaminWargasm

Switching to Plusnet Broadband

Hi Guys/Girls
I'm due to switch over to Plusnet tomorrow after 12 pm and when I ordered, was told that I may lose connection for an hour or so during the switch over.
My current supplier O2 seem to have cut me off this morning which doesn't seem right to me as thats 36 hours and not what was advised. Anyone know if this is normal or had similar problem???
I just hope this doesn't cause me any issues for tomorrow.
Thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Switching to Plusnet Broadband

HI ScreaminWargasm,
Welcome to Plusnet and the forums. Do you meant they've cut your broadband off? As long as your phone line is active it should be fine.
Jojo Smiley
ScreaminWargasm

The Internet light on the router is off which is unusual as I've never had a problem with this in 3 years with O2. I assume they have already cancelled my BB even though I don't switch till tomorrow.
The landline still works ok though.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sounds like you might have already been switched over. Have you tried connecting your PlusNet router ( if you have requested one ) or put your PlusNet login details into your existing router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ScreaminWargasm

No I haven't tried that as the welcome pack says NOT to plug in the new router until they send an email/text to advise that it's active. Do you think I should give it a go?
adagio
Grafter

I would
tomxlisa
Grafter

I would try it also, when i got connected my phone line was switched over but my broadband wasn't suppose to have been connected until the next day, but called plusnet saying my router was synced up and that the router stats had changed from my previous isp, they checked manually if it had been completed and it had, they activated my account and i was on broadband a day earlier. Smiley
oldskooldaze
Dabbler

O2 cut me a day off  early  Angry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ScreaminWargasm,
looks like you're up and running. Everything ok?
Jojo Smiley
ScreaminWargasm

Yep, got set up this morning no problem at all. Very easy set up which is a nice surprise. Speeds are very low at the mo but I'll let the line settle and see how it goes. When I initially showed interest I was told my line could get 17mb as I only live a couple of hundred meteres from the exchange. I'm only getting about 3-4mb at the mo so am hoping this will go up a fair bit as my previous BB company provided a steady 6-7mb when they advertised 8mb.
Thanks for the advice Wink
Norbee
Grafter

Do not worry about the speed for now.
At swich over nearly 2 years ago it was the very same issue with me. Living just as close to an exchange as yourself. Took a couple of weeks and speed gone up to a very good 16...
So relax for now  Wink
An another user Norbee