Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to BT HUB 6 help!

FIXED
sju68
Hooked

Switching to BT HUB 6 help!

Apologies but I’ve searched the posts and none seem to apply?
I’m attempting to change over from the Plusnet router which is shocking to be honest and wishing I’d stayed with Sky but here I am.
The problem I have is that I don’t have a computer, only an iPad, so cannot connect an Ethernet directly to the router. Is there a genius who can guide me through the process please?
10 REPLIES 10
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Switching to BT HUB 6 help!

Assuming your iPad is 'seeing' your new router via Wifi, if you type 192.168.1.254 into your browser you should be able to log into the router using the Admin password, which will let you access: Home>advanced settings>broadband, where you can input your broadband username (<username>@plusdsl.net) and Plusnet account password.

You probably need to save the changes (hard to remember - only had to do it once!)

sju68
Hooked

It isn’t seeing anything. I don’t see how I can connect to the BT hub without WiFi? As the only way I can use WiFi is to keep my plusnet router switched on and then my browser naturally defaults to plusnet and not BT. Am I being completely and utterly dumb? I feel very very stupid at this moment in time! I’m trying to follow the instructions provided in an earlier post but nothing.
JayG
Pro

Not familiar with iPads, but I'm assuming it has a Wifi settings option which should be able to 'see' the signal output by the HH6 which you can then select and connect to using the Wireless Password/key.

sju68
Hooked

No. However I have had a brainwave of sorts and have connected my smart tv to the BT router. I can now access the smart hub but now, a new problem. I’m entering my plusnet user name etc but I’m not getting a save option! Inner moan and lots of swearing.
JayG
Pro

Fix

Ipad:

How to manually join a Wi-Fi network

1. Launch Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi.
  3. Tap the network you'd like to join.
  4. Enter the password if one is required.

sju68
Hooked

I eventually worked it out! Thanks. Much easier than going through the tellybox. Just wondering how long I have to be “patient” for. Not a natural trait!
JayG
Pro

If your Plusnet router connected ok, your HH6 should also connect immediately once you've entered the correct credentials as per my earlier post.
sju68
Hooked

Rejoined the Plusnet. Disconnected. Restarted the BT and all good in the hood! Many thanks!
JayG
Pro

I like happy endings! 👍
sju68
Hooked

😂😂😂😂