Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT

mactell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Switching from BT

Hello all, 

I've just signed up to plusnet, I am currently on BT Infinity. Upon signing up Plusnet says everything will be switched over automatically (I presume my phone number etc gets transferred as well). I've set the start date to the 8th August as this is when my bt billing date ends, my big question is; Do I need to tell BT I'm leaving or do plusnet do this etc? 

4 REPLIES 4
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Switching from BT

Don't tell BT. The whole process is now "gaining provider led". This means Plusnet will handle everything,

If you tell BT then they will cease services and you may end up losing your phone number since BT will put a cease request on the line which will prevent Plusnet fron actioning the move till after the cease is complete.

mactell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Wow! Thanks for the prompt response. I'll be sure that I don't cancel my broadband then! 

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Great, hope all goes well.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there, welcome to the community forums.

I've just had a look over your new account.

We were waiting for your direct debit instruction to activate before progressing your order, which I'd expect to happen this week. We'd usually wait until this happens before progressing your order with our suppliers.

However, if we wait any longer it's very unlikely your transfer date will be on the 8th August as the minimum lead time for a transfer order would be 10 working days. So I've placed the order now for you, selecting the requested date.

We should receive confirmation of this within the next 24 hours. I can't guarantee that the date won't be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control but at least things are now in progress.

Your previous provider should receive notification when we've placed the order and we'll let you know by email. Your services should go live on the same day, and you may experience a tiny break in service as the orders complete.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet