cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching broadband provider

Purdy2012
Dabbler

Switching broadband provider

I have been trying to call plusnet to let them know I am switching provider but cannot get through! They have not helped me with issues with my broadband since the 13th May and now not replying to messages!! I have had enough!!
My new broadband goes live on the 30th june,so I am giving you notice from today!,
11 REPLIES 11
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Switching broadband provider

Who are you migrating to?

Unless it's cable or LLU, the process is gainer led, and you don't need to involve Plusnet - everything is handled by the new ISP.

Much like changing energy supplier.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Tridens
Dabbler

Hi the new isp will inform Plusnet of the switch as your phonline will be ported

one thing are you out of contract?  otherwise steep cancellation charges from plusnet

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Unless it's cable or LLU, the process is gainer led

I'm pretty sure its still handled by the gaining ISP even for an LLU migration, since it still involves an Openreach line. It's only Cable(Virgin) which doesnt involve OR at all which isnt, and if the number is being ported then that involves an OR cease so should still trigger the losing ISP being notified.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Purdy2012
Dabbler

Talk talk.
Purdy2012
Dabbler

Hi my contract runs out in august. I have had no broadband since 13th may but they still expect me go pay my monthly charge! You cannot get through on the phone as long wait times!!
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @Purdy2012, I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave us. I've checked the account today and can see our Faults team have updated the ticket you have open at present. @MisterW and @198kHz have already clarified the process I'd have advised for migration. We'll receive a transfer request from a new provider which will take around 14 days to automatically complete.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
Tridens
Dabbler

Its a shame plusnet cant resolve your problems and you feel the only way out is to change Isp you might have the same problems with Taktalk if its Line problems or a fault it needs fixing first before you move?

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Purdy2012 

From painful experience, that's like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire

If you dislike PlusNet's customer service, I hate to imagine what you will think of TT's.....

Kind Regards,

CJT
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@CJT-80 I was just going to post something very similar - I had three plus years of their 'service' before I came here.

John
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@jab1 

They'd have to pay ME to go back! 

Kind Regards,

CJT
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@CJT-80 I wouldn't even entertain them if they did. From the number of times I've had to talk to them on my sisters' behalf, it is obvious the CS work from a script, and if your problem doesn't fit it, you have no chance of a resolution. The same applies to their on-line support, although they do have a couple of customers - rather like Plunets SU's - that provide more intelligent suggestions.

John