cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to pro now no internet

pwwcoms

Switched to pro now no internet

First off I have a ticket open since Wednesday 6th but there has been no updates can someone let me know what is going on.
I've been on a legacy package since 02 without much issues (except the odd speed issue) so why when switching to a so called priority service does this happen? Angry
As a note I recieved a text saying my broadband order is being processed. We expect this to complete on 06/01/2010.. The exact day I loose internet!!
11 REPLIES 11
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Switched to pro now no internet

What login name do you have in your router? You should check it matches that given in https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=refresh_browser
I've seen another user recently who's internet died when they were put on the 21CN because of this problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pwwcoms

Thanks Jelv but already checked that,also checking the router shows the line sync at 7616 which is the same as before switching product.
Also tried the BT login without success.
I just wish I could get an update from plusnet to find out when this will be resolved.
prichardson
Grafter

I am sorry for the delay on this issue.
Initial testing has highlighted a fault within exchange equipment or network configuration. I am presently running a fresh test and will be raising this with our suppliers to resolve based on he result shortyly.
pwwcoms

Thanks P Richardson for the update.
I'm a tech myself looking after a large Dutch network in the UK (E1 to Stm64)and understand what it's like trying to get a reaction from BT but
better comms from Plusnet would help  Undecided
also BT has already had 48hrs+ for a reaction
prichardson
Grafter

I have to be honest and say the delay is ours and ours along on this one.
I am getting a varied result from the tests, ranging from problems related to network configuration, connection to the wrong exchange port, through to a disconnection of the line.
I have sent you a SMS you can reply to, to let us know if you have a dialtone.
prichardson
Grafter

Thanks for the response.
I have now raised this with BT.
Exchange test equipment suggests a network configuration problem, though a faulty peice of equipment could be the cause. A second test shows a disconnection within the exchange of your cable, which often points to a voice related fault, hence looking for dialtone.
Regardless, there is undoubtedly a fault and most likely phsyical in this case, so we will be pushing for an exchange engineer on this one for you first.
pwwcoms

Hi P Richardson Just checked this afternoon and looks like something has been done.
PPOA is now connected and I see line sync has gone from 7616 ds to 18272 ds. (I'm about 1/2 mile from exchange).
Perhaps someone run a batch script of migrating customers without jumpering to 21CN at the exchange.
It would be nice to know the cause in case others have the same issue in the future.
Hopefully the connections will remain stable and thanks for your assistance.
pwwcoms

UPDATE.
Was all going so well with steady 6.5mb connection.
Router stats 18272 ds steady!
This morning no internet so rebooted.. internet came up all good still 6.5mb
This evening speed dropped to 500k. Checked router and sync is still 18272 ds,ran BT speed test and confirms I've been set to IP profile of 500kbps
Download speed achieved during the test was - 459 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :18272 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 17.21:24.4:58.39 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
Spoke with CS who say BT have set that and I'm stuck with it for 72hr so much for this Pro service!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

looks like you might have had two problems yesterday,  a) this http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1263229377.htm  and you have been switched to ADSL2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pwwcoms,
72 hours can be the case, however it looks from BTs line profile records that yours was updated from 500 to 16000 inside of 2 hours, and your profile on our side matches. Have things improved for you?
pwwcoms

Hi Matt
Looks much better.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 10161 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-99999 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :18272 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 16000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 23.96:24.19:51.85 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
Plusnet speedtest show download speed of 8.8 mb
Thanks All who assisted in getting this resolved.