Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch interleaving ON please

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Switch interleaving ON please

Apparently I got switched over to Plusnet's "new network" today. This appears to have caused interleaving to be switched off, and I lost the 3dB target SNRM I've had for the past 7 months, that's gone back to the default of 6.

Yesterday's DSL stats graphYesterday's DSL stats graphToday's DSL stats graphToday's DSL stats graph

So I'd like interleaving switched back on again please.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Taking a look now.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

That's gone through and I can see the line is at 3db again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ejs
Aspiring Hero

Yes, thank you, I see it's now back to how it was before.

ejs
Aspiring Hero

Can someone switch interleaving on, in the way that prevents the DLM from switching it back off please?

Last time, the DLM switched interleaving off again after less than 3 days, then switched it back on after about a week, then switched it off again about a week ago. Now this morning I found I've got no Internet connection, and also that it was not working from about 10pm to 11pm last night.Yesterday's DSL stats graphYesterday's DSL stats graph

(The gap in the graph around 4pm was because the stats collection had stopped due to a completely unrelated reason.)

Chris
Legend

It needs a modify order to do that, doing this will actually reset the SNR back to 6db. So give me a nudge tomorrow when it completes and we'll need to reset the SNR back to 3db.

ejs
Aspiring Hero

I'm not really bothered about resetting the SNRM back down to 3, I'd rather have a stable connection that works all the time. Leave it at 6 and it will find it's own way down or not, it doesn't really matter.

It's possible that the line acting a bit weird is the prelude to something failing completely, in which case the SNRM ought to left at 6, to save someone else the hassle of deciding the problem is that 3 is too low.

ejs
Aspiring Hero

In the event, the SNRM remained at 3 when the order completed and interleaving was switched on shortly after 2am this morning. So it can remain as-is then. There doesn't seem to be any sign of whatever was going wrong at the weekend re-occurring so far, hopefully it was a one-off thing.

Thank you Chris, no further action is needed at this time.